Use Correlation coefficient to analyse the degree of association between two variables.
- Select the variables of interest. If one or both variables needs Logarithmic transformation, select the corresponding option(s).
- Optionally select a filter to include a subset of cases.
- Scatter diagram: show a scatter diagram.
- Draw line of equality: option to draw the line of equality (y=x) line in the graph.
- Heat map: option to display a heatmap, where background color coding indicates density of points, suggesting clusters of observations.
The results for Correlation include:
- Sample size: the number of (selected) data pairs
- Correlation coefficient: Pearson correlation coefficient, with P-value
- 95% CI for r: the 95% confidence interval for the correlation coefficient, i.e. the range of values which contains the true correlation coefficient with probability 95%
Go to Correlation.