Generate random sample
Generates a series of uniform or normal distributed random numbers.
- Target variable:
- New variable: select this option and enter the name of a new variable (and a new column) in the data table.
- Overwrite existing variable: select this option to select an existing variable or column in the data table. The corresponding column will be cleared before the random numbers are generated.
- You can select a random sample with Uniform distribution or Normal distribution.
- For Uniform distribution enter the required sample size and the minimum and maximum values. If minimum and maximum values both are whole numbers, the program will generate whole random numbers only.
- For Normal distribution enter the required sample size and the desired mean and standard deviation.
Go to Generate random sample.