Image file formats
SciStat graphs can be downloaded in 3 formats:
- PowerPoint: the downloaded file contains 1 slide that contains the graph.
- TIF: a high resolution TIF file, 1600x1200 pixels, at 300 DPI as required by most publishers.
- SVG: a vector image file format.
SVG stands for Scalable Vector Graphics. The advantages of SVG files are:
- SVG images, and its individual elements, can be edited with Adobe Illustrator, CorelDRAW, Inkscape (Free!), and other popular vector drawing programs (and even with a text editor)
- SVG images are scalable
- SVG images can be printed with high quality at any resolution
- SVG graphics do NOT lose any quality when they are zoomed or resized
- SVG files can be imported in (recent versions of) PowerPoint and Word.
Inkscape is an SVG editor that enables you to edit individual elements, or groups of elements, in a graph.
The program can be downloaded freely from the Inkscape website.