Allows to create a new variable containing the percentile ranks of the data in a numeric variable.
- Target variable: the variable which you want to contain the z-scores.
- New variable: select this option and enter the name of a new variable (and a new column) in the data table.
- Overwrite existing variable: select this option to select an existing variable or column in the data table. The corresponding column will be cleared before the z-scores are generated.
- Data: select the numeric variable and a possible filter.
- Reference value and Standard Deviation
- Use mean and SD of sample: calculate the mean and Standard Deviation of the data in the sample and use the these in the calculations for the z-scores.
- User-defined values: use pre-specified values for reference value and Standard Deviation.
- Reference value: the pre-specified reference value.
- Standard Deviation: the pre-specified Standard Deviation.
Clickto proceed. The selected column in the data table is filled with the z-scores of the selected data.
Go to z scores.